The chilly northern winds are blowing in from the north and if you’re looking for warmer climes this winter, now is the time to book before the Christmas holidays creep up. Catch a flight onboard Qatar Airways for £606 (return, tax included) for January.
When your knees start knocking from the cold you know that it’s time to start heading south for a sunny break. Cape Town is the perfect spot if you’re after great weather, wildlife, beaches and nightlife. Ready to go?
Take off on a sunny escape for £606 (return, tax included) from London Heathrow to Cape Town International Airport onboard Qatar Airways for travel January 29-February 5, 2014.
Cape Town Essentials
- Watch the sunset at Camps Bay. This is one of the best places in Cape Town to see the sun set, an experience best enjoyed with a cocktail in hand and your toes in the sand.
- Dance the night away at one of the city’s nightclubs, take in a theatre production, dine at one of the world-class restaurants or bistros. The city is your oyster.
- Tour the vineyards. South Africa is famed for its wines so take the opportunity to join a tour of the wineries, tasting your way through the fields.
- Hike your way up and around Table Mountain for some glorious views of the city and the coast.
- Shop your way around Cape Town’s markets. They’re the perfect setting for your souvenir shopping. For African-style treasures, Green Market Square is a perfect place to shop.
On a budget? Check out our guide how to experience Cape Town for free.