You know that feeling you get when, at the end of the day, all you can think is “I could use a holiday…”? We get that too. Wanderlust is a serious illness and one that should be taken care of in its early stages. Here are the 5 key signs that you’re ready for a holiday.
Take our little quiz to find out if you indeed are suffering from a serious case of wanderlust and need a getaway right away to cure it. Do any of these statements ring true for you?
1. At the office you are
- a) tired of listening to all the usual office chit chat
- b) your work load has increased since summer
- c) feeling bitter when you scroll through other people’s holiday photos on Facebook (which you do only on your breaks, of course)
- d) all of the above
2. At home you don’t feel you are getting enough sleep. Stats show that 65% of people only get 6 hours a night when the recommended is 7-8 hours for adults.
3. You’re tired of boring meals. Even the usual once a week takeaway isn’t doing it for you anymore.
4. The weather is foul so you’re feeling a little blue. It rained 13% more last year than usual and it’s proven that 1 in 50 Brits suffer from seasonal affective disorder.
5. Your commute feels like it takes forrreeeevvvveeeerrrrrrr. The average Brit commutes 75 minutes a day but this number is likely much higher for Londoners. You dread the idea of squishing onto the Tube again.
If at least three of these statements is true for you, it is obvious that you are needing a little R&R, Rest & Relaxation… pronto!
According to Sharecare.com, taking short breaks every year lowers the risk of heart disease by up to 20%. 3/4 of the population feel like they don’t relax enough so do yourself a favour and have a quick look where you can get away on last-minute flights. After all, you’re never more than 75 miles from the seaside in Britain so even a weekend to Brighton would do you some good.
Do you need a holiday? Where are you off to next?