A big draw to travelling is the chance to taste new foods around the world. Imagine you can taste foods from every culture by travelling to just one place. New York City is the location and Restaurant Week is the reason. As if anyone needs an excuse to dine out in New York, but this event comes but once a summer!
This is one culinary adventure that foodies and travellers alike should not miss while on holidays in New York City. From July 12th-25th restaurants all across New York open their doors with menus at a fraction of the regular price for both lunch and dinner. Enjoy a three course prix-fixe menu for lunch for only $24.07 or dinner for $35. The prix-fixe excludes beverages, gratuities and taxes.
The dining festival runs for two weeks excluding Saturdays and is the most anticipated food festival in the city, almost twenty years running. Does it have you fancying a quick jaunt to New York to get in on this fine food extravaganza? Search for last minute flights to New York on liligo.com and start dining!
Top 5 restaurants you MUST try:
- Wall & Water (75 Wall Street, Manhattan) – Hudson Valley inspired menu is usually for the elite foodies of the city, until now. Enjoy a New York style steak with oven roasted potatoes or wild salmon with roasted beets. Reservations are essential.
- Calle Ocho (446 Columbus Avenue, Upper West Side) – New America meets old-world Cuba in this sassy latino bar where there are more to the mojitos than meets the eye. It is only open for dinner.
- One if by Land, Two if by Sea (17 Barrow Street, West Village) – The restaurant is housed in a converted carriage house on the west side of Manhattan. Dine among fresh-cup flowers, chandeliers and live piano music. Enjoy dishes like butternut squash risotto, grilled quail and lobster tarragon ravioli.
- The Russian Tea Room (150 W. 57th Street) – This place has been around for 80 years, holding a special place in New York’s history of eccentric artists, actors, bold and radical politicians and intellectuals. Enjoy authentic Russian cuisine in this unconventional and completely glamorous dining room.
- Etcetera Etcetera (352 West 44th Street) – Italian food gets a makeover in this trendy Mediterranean-style restaurant. Modern art and industrial design keep this place fresh. Broadway is just steps away, a perfect place to dine before hitting up a theatre show!
For the love of food, travel to New York and start dining!