New York summers are all about spending the most time possible out doors, meeting friends and enjoying the thriving cultural scene that made this city so famous. Summer means outdoor barbecues, cold beer, spending time in Central Park and most of all, free concerts! Take advantage of the season, fly London – New York City for £328 this June.
The city heats up once summer rolls around in more ways than one. Hot days combined with free concerts means that from May to August this year, there’s no better time than the present to finally plan that trip to the Big Apple. No matter what your style, you can see it all from rock at South Street Seaport to classical at the Metropolitan Opera or jazz at one of the city’s best festivals, SummerStage and CelebrateBrooklyn!
Best free summer concerts in NYC
- June 2-August 4 / BAM Rhythm and Blues Festival at Metrotech Center
- June 2 / New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys at Rockefeller Plaza
- June 7, July 21, August 9 and 21 / Funkmaster Flex at SummerStage
- June 11 / Coheed and Cambria at The Williamsburg Waterfront
- June 11 / Medeski Martin & Wood at SummerStage
- June 11 / Punk Island at Governors Island
- July 8 / Los Lobos at Prospect Park
- July 16 / Four Knots Festival at South Street Seaport
- July 29 / Journey at Rockefeller Plaza
- July 29 / They Might Be Giants at The Williamsburg Waterfront
- August 27-28 / Charlie Parker Jazz Festiva at Marcus Garve Park
For more information on summer events in New York, free or not, check out nycgo.com for complete listings and details. There’s no better time to enjoy the Big Apple than summer so what are you waiting for?