Travellers swooned (at least the female ones) yesterday during #TTOT. It was all about romance and travelling and you can bet there were some very interesting answers and tips on where to go (and NOT) for a romantic holiday.[middle_ad kw=”romantic hotels”]
Have you ever been totally swept away by the beauty of a place? While many think that cities in and of themselves are romantic a lot of travellers argued that romance can happen just about any where in the world and the cities that do promise it (ahem… Paris and Venice) are more than not a total let down. When it comes to finding true romance around the world, all it takes is an open mind, a little creativity and maybe even a nice hotel. After that, let the destination work its magic. Travel tweeps had their say and here are the top 10 most romantic places to travel in the world!
Q1 via @marksmayo: What would you consider to be the most romantic place to travel to and why?
1. @ofrevolt: Really, anywhere can be the right destination for romantic travel if you’re w/ the right person. Vacay + wrong person = disaster.
2. @AtHomeAway: I also thought Bruges, Belgium was romantic in that charming wanna-put-it-in-my-pocket-and-take-it-home sort of way.
3. @mygo2it: Driving down Highway 1 along the California coast is pretty sexy.
4. @thealexlop: Rome at night. Nothing like turning a corner and accidentally ending up at the Pantheon. #bestwrongturnever
5. @Roopunzel: Little known, but walking through old city of Jerusalem can be very romantic.
6. @roniweiss: There are reasons that people like sunsets and walks on the beach. Even I am not immune.
7. @Lauren_Beadle: by the lighthouse in Byron Bay, Australia. beautiful. Paris is also high on the list, of course.
8. @beforeiam35: The bright summer nights in Sweden can be quite romantic too, come to think of it.
9. TravelingEditor: Travel section of a book store.
10. @missemalise: Anywhere in Italy. All roads lead to Rome…ance.
What’s the most romantic holiday you’ve ever been on? Do you agree with the choices here, with other destinations would you add to the list? What really makes a place romantic?
Travel Talk on Twitter takes place weekly on Tuesdays at 9:30 GMT and 21:30 GMT. Follow the hashtag #TTOT and join in the conversation. Next week’s topic: Overnight travel