The busiest passenger airport in the world also happens to be the birthplace of Coca-Cola and Martin Luther King Jr. With an impressive 96 million passengers in 2014, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport takes the top spot.
ATL had an increase of passenger traffic of 1.9% in 2014 compared to the previous year, according to the newest preliminary passenger traffic data from Airports Council International. In second place was Beijing Capital International Airport, with 86 million passengers. And in third place was our very own London Heathrow Airport, with an increase in passenger traffic of 1.4%, bringing it to 73 million passengers last year.
World’s busiest airports
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Beijing Capital International Airport
- London Heathrow Airport
- Tokyo Haneda Airport
- Los Angeles International Airport
- Dubai International Airport
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
- Dallas/Fort Worth Airport
- Hong Kong Airport
The busiest cargo airport is still Hong Kong, transporting more than 4.4 million metric tons of cargo last year!