It’s bound to happen to you at some point or another on a flight; someone slamming their seat back as soon as possible into your lap, the person behind tapping their foot, “tap, tap, tap” on the back of your chair and the person next to you dozing off way too close to your face. But are these the most annoying things people can do on a plane?
You’re travelling solo and hope that every person coming down the isle doesn’t have the seat next to you but finally the person bound for that seat arrives. You’re hoping they’re cool or at least quiet and polite so you can get some shut-eye.
If you’re a frequent traveller you know that you win some and you lose some. As for annoying passengers, some just take the cake. Here are the 10 most annoying things people do on planes, not to give you any more ideas…
10 most annoying things people do on planes
- Digging through the overhead bins constantly. First it’s the headphones, then maybe gum, a book and then some snacks… up, down, up, down.
- Sitting back in full recline for the entire flight, thereby forcing the person behind to also recline, creating a domino effect whether people want to recline or not.
- Snoring. If you know you snore, please for the sake of the people around you, do something about it. If you’re in reach of the snoring culprit, a few seat kicks should encourage them to change position.
- Sitting near a passenger with a cold that coughs and sneezes within your personal bubble which naturally shrinks three times its usual size on an airplane.
- Every article on how to fight jet lag says to steer clear of alcohol and caffeine but it doesn’t stop some passengers from downing one after another, becoming loud and over-excitable.
- Frequent potty breaks from the person in the window seat, making the other two passengers get up and down repeatedly. If you have a small bladder or drink lots of water while you travel, grab an aisle seat.
- Passengers that let their children run free without even attempting to calm them down, quiet them or distract them from disturbing the entire cabin.
- Stinky feet in enclosed spaces are never good. Thank goodness some airlines like British Airways provide passengers with a spare pair of socks for the sake of, well, everyone.
- Blasting music/movies from headsets. Trying to sleep in-flight is hard enough without having to listen to the drama film you chose not to watch coming from the headset of the person next to you.
- Sitting next to an arm rest warrior. In a row of three seats, all occupied, who has the right to the middle two armrests?
What are the things that annoy you most on planes?