Springtime savings never stop, making it the perfect time to grab a last-minute weekend trip or a day trip away before the tourist season really starts. Today we found a flight to Glasgow for £14 from London for same-day return on May 15th! Is there anything better than a day out in Scotland’s cultural capital for £14?
Glasgow is a stunning city with a lot to offer, especially in spring. It’s more than just football and Victorian architecture, Glasgow is hip and upcoming and would beat out Edinburgh any day for stylish bars, trendy cafés, high style shopping and streets with cutting edge architecture. The city is in transformation, becoming a lively and fresh place for travellers and locals, embracing its revolutionary music scene and the arts. Glass and steel mingle with century-old stones on the main streets, a clash? Hardly, the modern architecture brings new light and dimension to the city, complimenting the old.
What to do in Glasgow for a day:
- Take a walk down the River Clyde and brief yourself on the city’s maritime history, maybe catch a seaplane landing.
- Visit the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, newly opened and a must-see for arts, culture and everything Scottish.
- Head to Buchanan Street to see the best of what Glasgow offers in shopping, don’t forget Princess Square.
- Save a photograph for the Lighthouse on Mitchell Lane which was designed by famous Glasgow-born architect Charles Mackintosh.
- If the weather is nice head to Bellahouston Park and visit the House for an Art Lover.
Of course Glasgow is know for its pubs and nightlife too so pull up a stool at a pub and get to know the Glaswegians for a day! Find this hot deal and many more cheap flights to Glasgow when you search on liligo.com. Have you ever been to Glasgow? Add to our list of must-sees above by leaving a comment below!