Radisson Blu hotels is launching a competition which could win you a host of prizes… if you answer their tricky questions correctly. Quizzes, trivia and a Euro geography challenge is what you’re up against to win!
If you’ve got a good handle on your European geography and have a head for trivial knowledge, this is the perfect competition. Raddisson Blu hotels is giving away a weekend for two every week of the competition at a Radisson hotel in one of these cities:
- Milan: After Christmas this Italian fashion city will be buzzing with shoppers after hot deals. Sales run all the way until March so there is plenty of time to find your haute couture must-haves, just watch out for imitation goods! Apart from its shopping, Milan’s a great culture jaunt too thanks to its recently opened Museum of the Twentieth Century in Palazzo dell’Arengario.
- Madrid: Did you ever think Madrid would be considered a budget destination? It’s all about knowing where/how/when to tackle this city. Enjoy a hot latte with the next generation’s artists in Ciudad Universitaria and hit up the city’s famous museums on their free days. Despite what others say, Madrid is a city break for the money wise.
- Berlin: Germany’s capital has changed a lot since the wall fell. Seeing this liberal and artistic capital through the eyes of a local makes the world of a difference. Skip the overpriced Unter den Linden museums and and visit the TrashArt Museum (free!) or the DDR Museum which is well worth its €5 entrance fee. As for eating out, Prenzlauer Berg is a trove of cheap eats that are delicious.
- Helsinki: Art Nouveau and a natural sense of modern style is what makes this Finnish capital a great city for a weekend escape. Spending time in its cafés is no waste of time, fitting museums that cleverly preserve Finnish heritage, Klasma and Ateneum Art Museum for example, between cups of coffee. Catch a rock concert in Temppeliauklo and make sure you stay at a cheap hotel that faces the water.
- Hamburg: As Germany’s biggest port its no wonder Hamburg has always been a high-achiever. It welcomed The Beatles in the 1960s and today remains a multi-cultural hub. Mingle in St. Pauli with students from Portugal, Turkey and Asia or stroll along the harbour, joining the excitement of the a.m. fish market. Hamburg may have drizzly weather but it has enough indoor attractions to get your intellect excited.
If you answer all three geography questions correctly you will be entered into a prize draw to win one of 1000 Radisson Blu giftcards throughout the whole campaign valued from €20 to €100.
Think you have what it takes to win? Try your skills on the Radisson Blue Quiz!
The contest runs from December 1st, 2010 and ends January 2nd, 2011. You must be 18 or over to enter and resident of an EU country (competition does not include residents from Sweden).