While it’s not guaranteed to find a cheap deal last minute, sometimes it’s possible. Take this deal for example from London to San Jose, Costa Rica for £595 departing from Gatwick Airport on March 28th, 2011. Fancy a week of sun and jungle next week?
What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Costa Rica? Beaches… jungle.. tropical… paradise? More than 1.5 million others think the same thing which is why this peaceful island in central America is the apple of many vacationers eyes. It’s a prime spot for travellers who like to surf, hike, snorkel and enjoy tropical wildlife and fauna. The island is varied though, creating enticing challenges for active travellers and the perfect place to unwind for those who enjoy a slower pace.
When in Costa Rica…
- test your surfing skills at Puerto Viejo de Talamanca. It has a tough reef break that will definitely get you heart pumping! Only recommended for experienced surfers, sorry first-timers.
- spot some monkeys and other wildlife in Parque Naacional Corcovado. It’s considered the most biologically intense place on the planet so don’t forget your camera.
- laze about on Playa Conchal and snorkel along the crystal blue shore, could anything be more relaxing?
- go white water rafting on one of the world’s wildest rivers, Río Turrialba.
- indulge in a plate of churros, deep fried dough dipped in chocolate pudding, at a café in San Jose.
- climb the highest peak in Costa Rica in Parque Nacional Cirripó.
Have you ever been on holidays in Costa Rica? What was your favourite thing about the island?