By now you’re familiar with easyJet, Ryanair and Wizz Air but did you know that there are more than a dozen airline companies operating low cost flights departing from the UK? Here are some of the littler known airlines that can take you to your next holiday destination at a low cost price!
Founded in the 1970s, Aer Arann operates low cost flights from Dublin to destinations across the UK and Europe like London, Isle of Man, Barcelona, Berlin, Alicante and Madrid. After Ryanair and Aer Lingus, Aer Arann is the most important airline operating in Ireland.
- Destinations: From London fly to Waterford, Galway, Isle of Man and Dublin
- Fares: £45-160 depending on time of year
- Baggage: 15 kg per passenger of checked luggage, +1 carry-on (7 kg)
Search for flights with Aer Arann
Based in Denmark, Cimber operates flights from London, Dublin, Newcastle and Edinburgh to two Danish destinations, Copenhagen and Billund.
- Destinations: Billund, the land of Lego, is accessible from London and Dublin. Copenhagen can be reached from London, Newcastle and Edinburgh.
- Fares: starting from €50 a flight
- Baggage: 20 kg per passenger of checked luggage, +1 carry-on (8 kg)
Search for flights with Cimber Sterling
From London this is one very low cost way to reach your Italian holidya destination. Fly direct to Forli and then transfer to either Catania or Palermo from Gatwick Airport.
- Fares: starting from €79.69 one-way to Forli
- Baggage: €7 for 20 kg of checked luggage, Carry-on is restricted to 5 kg
Search for flights with Windjet
Regional airlines certainly have their perks which is why you’re luck if you happen to be flying with this Swiss low cost airline from London. Keeping standards high, you’d never know you’re flying low cost.
- Destinations: departing from London City Airport, fly to Geneva, Florence or Venice.
- Fares: London – Geneva for 74 CHF (around £47)
- Baggage: 20 kg of checked luggage, +1 carry-on (8 kg)
Search for flights with Baboo
As Turkey’s largest private airline, there are plenty of short-haul and long-haul flights available at low cost. From London’s Stansted Airport or Gatwick Airport you can reach almost a dozen holiday destinations in Turkey.
- Destinations: From London Stansted: Adana, Ankara, Antalya, Beirut, Bodrum, Dalaman, Diyarbakir, Gaziantep, Hatay, Istanbul, Izmir, Kayseri, Konya, Lefkosa, Malatya, Samsun, Sofia, Trabzon, Van. From London Gatwick you can reach Antalya and Dalaman. From Manchester you can reach the same, as well as Lefkosa.
- Fares: London – Antalya for £83 (one-way)
- Baggage: 25 kg per passenger, +1 carry-on (8 kg)
Search for flights with Pegasus Airlines
liligo.com indexes more than 600 airlines, including 70 low cost, more than any other travel search engine on the web. What does that mean? You’re more likely to find the best deals and airfares right here than anywhere else on the internet.
Know any more low cost airlines with great deals?
Img: r00s / flickr cc