At this point in the year we’re all yearning for the sun to return and the days to warm up. If the sun doesn’t come to you, then go to the sun. Where’s it at for cheap? Orlando, the capital of family fun destinations and home to Walt Disney World, for only £356 (round trip, tax included) from London.[search departure=”London” arrival=”Orlando” depday=”14″ depmonthyear=”03/2011″ retday=”22″ retmonthyear=”03/2011″]
Delta Air Lines flies trans-Atlantic from London Gatwick, stopping once before arriving in Orlando where, at this time of year, the afternoons hit average highs of 26°C. But enough about the weather. There is really only one reason why everyone visits Orlando, whether they want to admit it or not: Walt Disney World. This massive theme park (twice the size of NYC’s Manhattan) is not easily seen in a day. With attractions like the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM Studios, three water parks, 22 hotels and dozens of restaurants, you can easily fill an entire holiday hanging with the mouse.
5 things you must do at Walt Disney World
- Splash Mountain, possibly the most famous and magical ride in the Kingdom, don’t miss it (even if the lines are long)
- Enjoy breakfast with Cinderella, Jasmine and Belle in the magic castle, an outing only fit for a princess
- See the big five on a Kilimanjaro Safari, one you don’t have to travel to Africa for, at the Animal Kingdom
- Rent a pontoon boat from a Disney resort and waste your afternoon away drifting down the Seven Seas Lagoon
- Spot the mouse and get an autograph, Mickey and Minnie (along with other favourites) make their rounds daily
Skip town and hit up Florida this March, the kids will be forever grateful! Have you ever been?