Iceland’s low cost airline, WOW Air has launched £99 flights from London to the USA… let’s celebrate! Take off from London Gatwick for either Washington DC or Boston.
These are probably the cheapest trans-Atlantic flights we have ever seen. £99 one-way to either Boston or Washington DC from London’s Gatwick Airport. WOW Air, we thank you. The low cost Icelandic airline is only offering this introductory fare available one a selected number of seats online, so grab them quick!
The airline is launching brand new flights between London and Boston Logan International Airport staring March 27th and then to Baltimore Washington International Airport on June 4th. Each flight includes a stopover in Reykjavik, making the trips about 3 hours longer than a direct journey… but at that price, who can complain?!
Here’s a bit of a breakdown of the price because we all know there’s always fine print when it comes to flying low cost:
- It’s £99 each way (£198 return)
- There’s a mandatory £8.98 booking fee on top of that
- Checked luggage is priced at £39 per bag
- Seats with extra legroom cost £14 extra
- Inflight catering also comes extra (£2.50 for a bottle of water, £6.85 for a sandwich, £3.10 for a headset, etc.)
How do you make sure you’re getting the best deal? Launch a search before you book your flights to Boston, it could be cheaper going with a regular airline.