Planning a RTW (round-the-world) trip can take months even years. From drafting a budget, making enough money, cutting your ties at home and downsizing your belongings to a single backpack… there’s a lot to do. Once you hit the road it’s not all rainbows and unicorns either. When it comes down to it, what’s the hardest part?[middle_ad kw=”cheap flight deals”]
Q2 via @marksmayo: What’s the hardest thing about a RTW trip? Why?
1. @kerrinsheldon: Overcoming the myth that it will end your “real” life. Travel is life. Not your desk job. Leave. Go. Discover.
2. @roniweiss: It can be killer on your stomach.
3. @travelfootprint: Running out of money and having to face the reality of it ending.
4. @adventurousness: Travel fatigue. Places start losing their lustre.
5. @TravelingEditor: Parents. Because they can bind you on a moral obligation to stay safe just to keep them heart-attack-free.
6. @john_oates: Booking the flight. After that it’s all good (even on the bad days).
7. @AnjaniLadki: Hardest thing about RTW trip? TIME & the inability to shop for enough souvenirs. lol I’d have to resort to mailing things home.
8. @toddwassel: Being ok to leave the itinerary behind. Burn baby burn!
9. @MalloryOnTravel: Hardest part of ANY trip for me is coming home!
10. @StayAdventurous: Getting Past the toughest obstacle standing in your way – yourself.
Have you ever been on a RTW trip? Are you on one now? What’s the hardest part for you?
Want more travel tips? Check out our previous #TTOT Round-ups!
Travel Talk on Twitter takes place weekly on Tuesdays at 9:30 GMT and 21:30 GMT. Follow the hashtag #TTOT and join in the conversation. Next week’s topic: Wildlife Travel
Img; autumn_bliss, Flickr cc.