Top destinations with low cost tickets
Air Baltic (BT)
Air Baltic is the national airline of Latvia and is based in Riga International Airport. It has a secondary hub in Lithuania. It operates as a low cost airline carrying the Latvian flag.
- IATA code: BT
- Number of serviced cities: 67 Destinations
- Main hub: Riga International Airport (RIX)
- Fleet: 31 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Baltic Miles
History of Air Baltic
Air Baltic was established in 1995 as a joint business deal between Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) and the government of Latvia. Operations began that same year with passenger flights from Riga. In 1996 and 1997 the airline received more aircraft, allowing it to add more routes and flights with more frequency.
In 2004 Air Baltic began services from Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania. In 2007 an online check-in system was added to the airline’s website, making it quicker and easier for passengers at the airport. In January of 2009 SAS sold its share of the company to employees of Air Baltic but it still operates flights from some of SAS’s hub cities like Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm.
Travel with Air Baltic: practical information
- Meals: There is a selection of meals, snacks and refreshments available for purchase during the flight. It is also possible to pre-order a hot meal at the time of booking.
- Entertainment: It is possible for passengers to rent a portable media player for the duration of the flight. There are local newspapers available as well.
- Cabin: Each passenger is permitted 1 piece of hand luggage with a maximum weight of 8 kg and linear dimensions of 55 x 40 x 23 cm.
- Checked: There is a fee of €15 per piece of checked luggage per way. Each piece can weigh up to 20 kg. Baggage fees can be paid on-line or at the airport.
- Excess: If a piece of checked luggage exceeds 20 kg there is a fee of €15 per excess kilo.
Discounts and Special Offers
To find Air Baltic’s cheap flight offers, look in the flight section on liligo.com. These offers are updated regularly.
|Departure cities:||Riga, Tallinn, Vilnius, London, Manchester|