Top destinations with low cost tickets
Norwegian Air (DY)
Norwegian Air Shuttle is a public low-cost airline based out of Oslo, Norway. It is the second largest airline company in Scandinavia and has a route network that stretches across Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. There are more than 170 routes.
- IATA code: DY
- Number of serviced cities: 85 destinations
- Main hub: Oslo Airport Gardermoen (OSL)
- Fleet: 46 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Norwegian Reward
History of Norwegian Air
Norwegian Air Shuttle was established in January of 1993 as an airline to service the western side of Norway. The first base was in Bergen but it was later moved to Stavanger. In 1994 the route Bergen to Vigra was opened. In 1995 the airline received its fourth aeroplane, allowing it to operate 50 daily flights. In 2000 Norwegian Air Shuttle bought a helicopter service, Lufttransport. In 2002 Norwegian Air announced it would operate low cost flights to some of its most popular routes, making it cheaper than ever to travel within Norway. Now Norwegian Air opened a second hub in Warsaw, Poland. It also completely owns the Swedish airline, FlyNordic.
In 2008 Norwegian Air began operating flights from Moss Airport in Rygge, a city located just south of Oslo. Destinations from this airport include Barcelona, Athens, Budapest, Valencia and Warsaw, among others. A hub was opened in Copenhagen after Sterling Airlines declared bankruptcy. Today Norwegian Air has ordered 42 new Boeing 737s to be delivered over the next five years.
Travel with Norwegian Air: practical information
- Meals: There are beverages, sandwiches and snacks available to purchase on all flights.
- Entertainment: There are films screened on all Boeing 737s on flights longer than 3 ½ hours. There is also music available.
- Cabin: 1 piece of hand luggage may be brought into the aircraft. It may not weigh more than 10 kg or be larger than 55 x 40 x 23 cm.
- Checked: 2 pieces of checked luggage per passenger is allowed. Each piece must weigh 20 kg or less.
- Excess: Should a passenger’s total luggage weight exceed 40 kg, there are excess baggage fees of NOK 65/kg on domestic flights NOK 60/kg on international flights and SEK 70/kg on flights to Sweden.
Discounts and Special Offers
Infants can travel for free on domestic flights while on international flights they can fly for 10% of the adult fare. Children aged 2-12 are eligible for the child fare. Teenagers aged 12-16 can travel at a discounted rate, paying only 75% of the adult fare. Find other Norwegian Air offers listed on liligo.com when you search for flights to or from Norway.
|Telephone:||2080 997 254|
|Departure cities:||London, Paris, Copenhagen, Geneva, Manchester|
Looking for next year's winter sun destination? How about boarding these new flights from Gatwick to the island of Puerto Rico?
Norwegian Air is boosting its flights between Europe and the US with new routes and added flights on existing connections.
Ready to trade in the city slush and rain for something a little different? Finland in winter is nothing short of magical and Santa’s hometown of Rovaniemi is just the spot. Just make sure you bundle up! Send a holiday postcard from the Arctic Circle, sealed with a special postal stamp to your friends and … Continued