Top destinations with low cost tickets
WOW air (X9)
***As you may have heard, WOW air has bought Iceland Express. Most passengers won't notice a thing as this wasn't a merger, simply one airline taking the controls over from another in order to offer travellers more flight frequency and more destinations.***
WOW air is a low cost airline from Iceland which took to the skies in June 2012, the same year it took over Iceland Express' network. The airline is based in Keflavik International Airport from which the airline operates cheap flights across Europe. The airline's flight network changes seasonally but London is always serviced.
- IATA code: X9
- Number of serviced cities: 15 destinations
- Main hub: Keflavik International Airport (KEF)
- Fleet: 15 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: WOW CLUB
Travel with WOW air: practical information
- Meals: As with most low cost airlines a variety of snacks and beverages are available for purchase onboard which can be bought with cash or credit card.
- Entertainment: Best bring your own reading material for your flight. There is an in-flight magazine and duty-free shopping available.
- Cabin: each passenger can carry on one piece of hand luggage weighing up to 8kg and no larger than 55 x 35 x 25cm in size.
- Checked: luggage weighing up to 20kg can be checked for £15 (first bag), £40 (second bag) and so on if paid for at the time purchase. If luggage is paid for at the airport, it costs £23 for the first bag, £61 for the second.
- Excess: luggage overweight? Expect to pay £7/kilo.
Discounts and Special Offers
Children under the age of 12 travel for 75% of the standard fare and infants under the age of 2 travel for 10% of the regular adult fare. Infants however do not have a luggage allowance.
|Telephone:||+44 (0) 118 321 8384|