Top destinations with low cost tickets
Virgin America (VX)
Virgin America is an American based low-cost airline carrier that is part of the Virgin Group which also includes Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Blue, V Australia, etc. It provides high-quality service without the high price to major city destinations on the east and west coasts of the USA.
- IATA code: VX
- Number of serviced cities: 10 destinations
- Main hub: San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Fleet: 28 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: elevate
History of Virgin America
The Virgin Group established its American low cost airline in 2004 as Virgin USA. The group picked San Francisco as its hub and operations were planned to begin in 2005. That year the airline also changed its name to Virgin America. Virgin American encountered many problems with the U.S. Department of Transportation to begin services. These problems took two years to solve, finally getting the approval to fly in the USA in 2007. The first flight took off in San Francisco and landed in New York City. Virgin America was the first American airline to offer wireless internet in their aeroplane cabins. To inaugurate this technological advancement, Oprah Winfrey had a Skype conversation on her TV talk show with a flight attendant on a flight from Seattle to Los Angeles.
Travel with Virgin America: practical information
- Meals: There is a meal served on all flights longer than 2 hours. These can include a bagel breakfast, Mediterranean tapas, Achiote chicken or fresh roast beef rolls.
- Entertainment: Virgin America aircraft are outfitted with touch-screen entertainment systems that are programmed with movies, satellite TV, music, and other on-demand media.
- Cabin: 1 piece of carry-on luggage is permitted per passenger. It must not weigh more than 16 lbs (7 kg) and must fit the linear dimensions of 50 inches (127 cm).
- Checked: There is a fee to check baggage on Virgin America flights. On domestic flights there is a fee of $25 per bag while there is no charge on international flights. The weight restriction on checked luggage is 50 lbs (23 kg). per bag. The bag must also be within the linear dimensions of 62 inches (157 cm).
- Excess: Luggage that exceeds the weight restriction is subject to a fee of $50 for bags weighing 51-70 lbs. and $100 for bags weighing 71-100 lbs.
Discounts and Special Offers
Find Virgina America special offers when you search for flights to any of their destinations in the USA, all of which are listed in the flight section on liligo.com.
|Telephone:||+1 650 762 7005|