Top destinations for airline tickets
Aerolineas Argentinas (AR)
Aerolíneas Argentinas is Argentina’s national airline. It is the largest in the country that operates both domestic and international flights. It is among the few that also operates flights to destinations in Oceania, including Australia.
- IATA code: AR
- Number of serviced cities: 56 destinations
- Main hub: Ministro Pistarini International Airport (EZE) & Aeroparque Jorge Newbery (AEP)
- Fleet: 40 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Aerolíneas Plus
History of Aerolíneas Argentinas
In the 1950s Argentina warmly launched its national airline into the sky. Some of the airline’s first flights took off in the early 50s to Santa Cruz de la Sierra in Bolivia with stops in Córdoba and Salta. Within a few years Aerolíneas had flights to New York City operating on a weekly basis. In the 1960s Aerolíneas Argentinas made its first round the world trip with the country’s president aboard. The airline broke a world record with the first ever flight between Buenos Aires and Madrid. The flight was made in 11 hours and 31 minutes. Frankfurt was added to the network in 1967. The 1970s are marked by many inaugurated flight routes; destinations like Miami, Bogotá, Los Angeles, Caracas, Rome and Montréal among others.
In the 1980s Aerolíneas Argentinas made the first transpolar flight ever by a commercial airline from Buenos Aires across the South Pole to Auckland in New Zealand. Pope Juan Pablo II flew from Buenos Aires to Rome on an Aerolíneas Argentinas flight in 1982 and again in 1987. In 1994 the airline received its first Airbus and later launched its website in 1996. In 2003 the route from Buenos Aires to Beijing is opened. In 2005 Aerolíneas Argentinas begins operating flights to Mexico 5 times a week.
Travel with Aerolíneas Argentinas: practical information
- Meals: There is a hot meal service on flights. There are also many different beverages served free of charge as well as snacks.
- Entertainment: Passengers can enjoy a dozen different music and video channels on both Boeing and Airbus aircraft. There is also an in-flight magazine.
- Cabin: Hand luggage on domestic flights is limited to 5 kg while international flights it is 10 kg. The size of the piece must not exceed 55 x 35 x 25 cm.
- Checked: On domestic flights 15 kg is permitted. On international flights between Argentina and the EU (Madrid, Barcelona, Rome and London) 2 pieces of luggage are permitted, each with a weight of 23 kg.
- Excess: If a piece of luggage is overweight on a domestic flight there is a fee of $9.92 per excess kilo. On flights to international destinations a fee of 1.5% of the standard Economy fare of a one-way is charged per excess kilo.
Discounts and Special Offers
Always check liligo.com for Aerolíneas Argentinas latest special offers and seasonal discounts.
|Telephone:||+44 20 7290 7887|