Top destinations for airline tickets
SAS is the flag carrier airlines for Denmark, Norway and Sweden and is the largest airline in Scandinavia. There are also connections to the USA, cheap flights to Tokyo, as well as to the rest of Europe. SAS was also one of the founding members of the airline alliance, Star Alliance.
- IATA code: SK
- Number of serviced cities: 100+ destinations
- Main hub: Copenhagen Airport (CPH), Oslo Gardermoen Airport (OSL), Stockholm-Arlanda Airport (ARN)
- Alliance: Star Alliance
- Fleet: 141 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: EuroBonus
History of SAS
In August of 1946, SAS was officially founded in efforts to regulate the intercontinental air traffic between Scandinavian countries. In 1954 SAS was the first airline in the world to ever fly across the Arctic and North Pole, with cheap flights to Los Angeles from Copenhagen. SAS also began operating flights to Asia, primarily Japan, over the Arctic as well since it was prohibited from flying over China and Russia. SAS was one of the founding members of Star Alliance, now one of the leading global airline alliances. In 2004 the company formally divided into four equal sections to better service particular areas; however they all retain SAS in their name.
Travel with SAS: practical information
- Meals: For flights within Europe there are three different seating classes, each with their own meal service. In Economy there is a café menu with sandwiches and light snacks that can be purchased. Economy Extra and Business Class serve 3-course meals and drinks which are included in the price of the ticket.
- Entertainment: Each passenger has their own in-flight entertainment system that is programmed with a wide variety of films, music, family children and as well a yoga tutorial for postures that can easily be practiced while onboard. Passengers can also enjoy newspapers and an in-flight magazine.
- Cabin: 1 piece per passenger is permitted. It can weigh up to 8kg and the maximum set size is 55 x 40 x 23cm.
- Checked: All passengers (except those heading to the USA) are allowed 23kg of luggage. For those heading to the USA, Mexico or South America 2 pieces are permitted, each with a weight of 23kg.
- Excess: Each excess kilo is charged a fee depending on the destination. For domestic flights between Scandinavia and Finland the fee is €6/kg. Flights within Europe the fee is €11/kg and for travel between the USA/Canada/Mexico and Europe there is a charge of €100 per piece that exceeds 23kg.
Discounts and Special Offers
On flights within Europe infants can travel free of charge on their parents lap while on international flights they are eligible for a 90% discount on the adult fare. All other SAS discounts and special offers are listed on liligo.com.
|Telephone:||0906 294 2772|
|Departure cities:||London, Edinburgh, Manchester|