Top destinations for airline tickets
Air Madagascar (MD)
Air Madagascar is the national airline company of Madagascar. It was named previously Madair. It has a huge network of flights available throughout the South African region and has as well service to other international destinations such as Paris, Bangkok, and Milan.
- IATA code: MD
- Number of serviced cities: 47 destinations
- Main hub: Ivato International Airport (TNR)
- Fleet: 13 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Namako
History of Air Madagascar
Air Madagascar was founded in March of 1947. Air Madagascar joined with Air France to create Madair, an airline that would serve as the national airline for Madagascar. The first flight took off from Antananarivo and landed in Paris in October of 1961. The following year Madair adopted the name Air Madagascar. By the 1970s Air Madagascar operated routes to destinations in Europe, Africa and the Indian Ocean. In 1979 the airline purchased a new Boeing 747 aircraft in order to operate flights to Zurich, Frankfurt, Munich and Rome.
In 1998 Air Madagascar operated its first flight to Singapore. In 2003 Air Madagascar’s fleet underwent renovations, coming out with new colours and a new design. In 2004 Air Madagascar added flights to Bangkok and Milan to their ever growing network of destinations. Most recently the airline has also added Guagzhou in China.
Travel with Air Madagascar: practical information
- Meals: Passengers enjoy fresh and hot meals in Malagasy, European or Asian style on Air Madagascar flights. Special meal requests should be made 15 days before departure.
- Entertainment: There are music channels, films, international and Malagasy magazines and newspapers available during the flight.
- Cabin: Long-haul passengers can bring 1 piece of hand baggage weighing up to 12 kg into the cabin. There is only 5kg permitted on domestic flights.
- Checked: Passengers on long-haul flights may check 30 kg of free baggage allowance but only 20 kg on domestic flights.
- Excess: All overweight baggage is subject to a fee which varies depending on the destination. On long-haul flight this fee ranges from 9-12 € / kg. The fee is 1 € / kg on domestic flight and 3-5 € / kg on regional flights.
Discounts and Special Offers
Infants travel on Air Madagascar flights for a discount of 90% and children for 25-50% depending on destination. There are also special fares for passengers over 60 years of age and students aged 12-27. Find all of Air Madagascar’s latest special offers on liligo.com!
|Telephone:||+33 (0) 892 701 819|