Top destinations for airline tickets
Azerbaijan Airlines (J2)
Azerbaijan Airlines is the national airline for the Azerbaijan Republic, which has been connected to the world by air travel since 1923, the first years with a German fleet. Now with their own fleet and their own image, Azerbaijan Airlines is offering high level service and hospitality to the domestic and international markets. From London, Paris, or Milan travellers can be in Baku direct in less than six hours.
- IATA code: J2
- Number of serviced cities: 33 destinations
- Main hub: Heydar Aliyev International Airport (GYD)
- Fleet: 27 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: AZAL Miles
History of Azerbaijan Airlines
The idea of Azerbaijan Airlines was founded in 1923 when the first passenger air flights began between Baku and Tbilisi on a German aeroplane. Azerbaijan Airlines was part of Aeroflot until the Azerbaijan Republic gained independence in 1991, at which time the airline changed its name. Before this time the airline was operating only domestic and regional flights in the Soviet Union. Now the national air carrier has extended its network internationally. In the year 2000 Azerbaijan Airline received its first Boeing 757. Since then the airline has been continuously rejuvenating its ageing fleet with new Boeing aircrafts. The company’s first Airbus was delivered in 2005.
Travel with Azerbaijan Airlines: practical information
- Meals: There are meals served on all flights, either hot or cold depending on the flight duration. Passengers can enjoy a range of European style meals and fresh breads.
- Entertainment: Azerbaijan Airlines recommends passengers bring their own reading material or entertainment for the duration of the flight.
- Cabin: 1 piece is permitted per passenger. The maximum weight restriction is 5 kg.
- Checked: Each passenger on flights serviced by Azerbaijan Airlines is entitled to check 20 kg of free baggage allowance.
- Excess: The fees for excess baggage to and from Baku range, depending on destination. On flights from Baku to London the excess weight fee is €7/kg. To Milan and Paris it is €6/kg.
Discounts and Special Offers
There are special fares for children and infants as well as discounts for youth, families, students, diplomats and aged passengers. Check the flight section on liligo.com frequently to find all of Azerbaijan Airlines’ latest special offers and discounts.
|Telephone:||44 1414 160 888|