BH Airlines flights to the best holiday destinations in the world

Top destinations for airline tickets

Sorry! We haven't found any BH Airlines flights matching your search. Try launching another search above.

BH Airlines (JA)

BH Airlines, also known as Air Bosnia, is an airline based out of Sarajevo’s main international airport. It operates charter and scheduled flights. It has partnered its services with Turkish Airlines to better serve travellers to and from Bosnia and Herzegovina. While opening many new routes to North American and parts of Europe, BH Airlines also offers charter flights to Turkey.

Identity Card

  • IATA code: JA
  • Number of serviced cities: 11 destinations
  • Main hub: Sarajevo International Airport (SJJ)
  • Fleet: 3 aircraft
  • Loyalty rewards program: Miles & Smiles

History of Air Bosnia

Air Bosnia was officially founded in 1994 as the main airline link to and from Bosnia. At the time of founding, the Government of Bosnia owned 51% of the airline and Energinovest the other 49%. Operations officially began in 1997 with leased aircraft and flights to most major European destinations. In 2000 the Government organized the purchase of an Airbus but this deal was later cancelled. In 2003 the airline ceased all operations because of accumulated debt. At this point there were 14 destinations, 2 aircraft and 2 code share agreements with other airlines. In 2004 the government bailed the airline out of its debt and it began operating once again in 2005.

Presently BH Airlines has automated e-ticketing and employs 90 people. There are scheduled services to Zurich, Istanbul, Stuttgart, Cologne, Frankfurt and Zagreb. There is chartered service to Turkey, Greece and Tunis.

Travel with Air Bosnia: practical information

  • Onboard Services

    • Meals: There is a hot meal served on all flights longer than 60 minutes. On flights less than this there is juice or hot beverages served as well as a sandwich. BH Airlines regrets that it is not yet possible to request a special meal.
    • Entertainment: Stop by at a news stand in the airport and pick up your favourite magazine or a book before boarding.
  • Baggage Allowances

    • Cabin: 5 kg is the maximum weight for carry-on luggage. It also cannot exceed dimensions 55 x 40 x 20cm.
    • Checked: Each passenger above the age of 12 may check up to 20 kg of luggage.
    • Excess: There is a fee of €5/kg on all excess kilos.

Discounts and Special Offers

Infants under the age of 2 are eligible for a 90% discount on all flights. On one-way flights there is a security tax for infants of €20. For all other special offers from BH Airlines, check in the flight section of


E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone: +387 0 33 703 855

Other Airlines

American Airlines USA IATA: AA Air Canada Canada IATA: AC Air France France IATA: AF Air India India IATA: AI Avianca Colombia IATA: AV Finnair Finland IATA: AY ITA airways Italy IATA: AZ British Airways United Kingdom IATA: BA Air China China IATA: CA Cathay Pacific Hong Kong IATA: CX Aer Lingus Ireland IATA: EI Emirates United Arab Emirates IATA: EK Icelandair Iceland IATA: FI Loganair United Kingdom IATA: LM Iberia Spain IATA: IB KLM Netherlands IATA: KL Lufthansa Germany IATA: LH Austrian Airlines Austria IATA: OS Swiss Switzerland IATA: LX Qatar Airways Qatar IATA: QR Scandinavian Airlines Denmark IATA: SK Brussels Airlines Belgium IATA: SN Singapore Airlines Singapore IATA: SQ Thai Airways Thailand IATA: TG Turkish Airlines Turkey IATA: TK Virgin Atlantic United Kingdom IATA: VS