Top destinations for airline tickets
Cayman Airways Ltd (KX)
Cayman Airways is the national airline for the Cayman Islands. It operates out of Owen Roberts International Airport and flights to more than a dozen destinations in the Cayman Islands, Cuba, Jamaica, USA and Honduras.
- IATA code: KX
- Number of serviced cities: 13 destinations
- Main hub: Owen Roberts International Airport (GCM)
- Fleet: 6 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Sir Turtle Rewards
History of Cayman Airways
Cayman Airways was established in the late 1960s when the Cayman Government purchased Cayman Brac Airways from a Costa Rican airline. The airline began by operating only regional flights from Owen Roberts Airport to Gerrard Smith Airport in Cayman Brac. Its first international flight came only months after start-up, to Kingston in Jamaica. In the 1970s Cayman Airways introduced flights to Miami and then later to Houston. In the 1990s the airline received financial help from the government and regained profit by adding new destinations to Chicago, Boston, Ft. Lauderdale and Havana.
Travel with: practical information
- Meals: Passengers are provided a small snack and beverage on all flights. If you're travelling during a meal time, grab a larger meal at the airport before boarding or bring your own meal on board.
- Entertainment: As on all smaller airlines, it's advised to bring a book to read during the flight or a magazine.
- Cabin: 1 piece of carry-on luggage is allowed per passenger. It must not be larger than 114 cm (length + width + height) or heavier than 18 kg.
- Checked: Economy Class passengers are permitted 2 pieces of checked luggage, each no larger than 157 cm (length + width + height) and no heavier than 25 kg.
- Excess: Each passenger can carry up to 8 bags. There is a charge of $100 per extra bag (3,4,5) and $200 for more (6,7,8).
Discounts and Special Offers
There are frequent specials on non-stop flights from New York, Miami and Chicago to Grand Cayman.
|Telephone:||+345 949 8200|