Top destinations for airline tickets
Lufthansa Cityline (CL)
Lufthansa CityLine is the regional airline affiliated with Lufthansa. Nearly half of the weekly departures (more than 650) are from Munich with services to more than 60 European destinations. Lufthansa CityLine has service to both London's Heathrow as well as the city airport. Other destinations in the UK include Birmingham and Manchester.
- IATA code: CL
- Number of serviced cities: 75 destinations
- Main hub: Frankfurt Airport (FRA) / Munich Airport (MUC)
- Alliance: Star Alliance
- Fleet: 69 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Miles & More
History of Lufthansa CityLine
Lufthansa CityLine was first established in 1958 as Ostfriesische Luftaxi in Emden. The first flight took off the following year from Emden’s airport. In 1973 the airline received its first wholly owned aircraft, a small Otter with just 20 seats. In 1978 CityLine began operating flight routes for Lufthansa, Bremen – Copenhagen and Hanover – Amsterdam are added to the network. In the 1970s and 1980s the airline began to operate more and more flights under the Lufthansa name, especially domestic ones. In 1990 CityLine began a partnership with Lufthansa and for the first time carried 1 million passengers that year alone.
In the early 1990s the airline experienced a decline in passenger numbers due to the Gulf War but this was only temporary. In 1993 CityLine became entirely owned by Lufthansa, making it a subsidiary airline to operate under the Lufthansa logo and name. In 1999 Lufthansa CityLine received Airline of the Year from the Regional Airline World Magazine. The 2000s are marked by renewal for CityLine. Airline personnel are outfitted with new uniforms in the 2002 and the sale of its last Focker aircraft. Today Lufthansa CityLine is a leading environmental airline in the industry.
Travel with Lufthansa CityLine: practical information
- Meals: Passengers can enjoy a small snack or a light meal, depending on the time of travel and the duration of the flight. There is a complimentary a beverage as well.
- Entertainment: Passengers on CityLine flights can enjoy films, radio and an in-flight magazine.
- Cabin: 1 piece of carry-on luggage is permitted per passenger. It must not weigh more than 8 kg and may not be larger than 55 x 40 x 20 cm.
- Checked: Each passenger can check 20 kg of luggage plus 1 ski bag on flights operated by Lufthansa and Swiss International Airlines. In the case of a codeshare flight, baggage restrictions may vary.
- Excess: For luggage that exceeds the free weight allowance there is a fee of €5/kg for domestic flights and €10/kg for flights outside of Germany.
Discounts and Special Offers
Children can fly for 75% of the adult fare. Find all of Lufthansa CityLine’s special offers listed on liligo.com in the flight section.
|Telephone:||49 0 2203 596 0|