Top destinations for airline tickets
Martinair, based out of Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, is a subsidiary airline of the Air France-KLM group. It operates scheduled passenger, charter and cargo services to over 50 destinations around the world.
- IATA code: MP
- Number of serviced cities: 38 destinations
- Main hub: Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS)
- Fleet: 16 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards programs: Flying Blue
History of Martinair
Martinair was founded in 1958 as Martin's Air Charter. It operated with 1 aircraft and five employees but quickly grew. The airline was very successful in the 1960s after making the decision to fly to the USA. The airline was involved in several special missions including helping to transport Tibetan refugees to Switzerland with the Red Cross and carry relief supplies to Biafra. During the 1970s and 1980s the airline expanded in passenger numbers and aircraft size, thus pushing Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to expand with it and renovate. It was at this time too that Martinair introduced flights to Florida and the Caribbean. When 2000 hit, the airline completely renovated itself, introducing a new look for its cabin crew, livery and discontinuing non-profitable routes.
Travel with Martinair: practical information
- Meals: Economy passengers enjoy free coffee, tea, juice and water as well as a full-service meal. For a vegetarian option, reserve it during the booking process.
- Entertainment: Browse the tax-free shopping catalogue or sit back and enjoy the in-flight audio or video programs. Earphones are free.
- Cabin: Each passenger may bring 1 piece, weighing up to 10 kg and being no larger than 40 x 25 x 50 cm. On top of this passenger may bring a laptop bag or diaper bag if they are travelling with an infant.
- Checked: On flights to Amsterdam passengers are allowed 1 bag weighing up to 23 kg. On flights to all over destinations, 2 bags with a maximum weight of 23 kg are permitted.
- Excess: To bring an additional bag there is a fee of 55€ or the local equivalent. Bags may NOT weigh more than 32kg.
Discounts and Special Offers
Special offers are updating continuously and seasonally. To find the latest deals on Martinair, search on liligo.com for flights to Amsterdam and beyond.
|Telephone:||+31 20 601 1767|