Top destinations for airline tickets
Olympic Air (OA)
Olympic Air was the first airline to connect the world to Greece’s beauty and culture. The airline, under a new name now, serves its passengers with cutting-edge aircrafts and traditional Greek hospitality. It services 10 international and 20 domestic destinations. From both London Gatwick and London Heathrow, fly to almost anywhere on Greece’s mainland and to a number of her islands.
- IATA code: OA
- Number of serviced cities: 48 destinations
- Main hub: Athens International Airport (ATH)
- Fleet: 32 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Travelair Club
History of Olympic Air
Olympic Air is the result of a total reconstruction of Olympic Airlines which took place in 2008 by the Greek Government. The airline was sold to a large investment company in Greece in 2009. Previous to this Olympic Air had been state-owned for more than 35 years. The airline lost many of its island routes, to be shared among the other Greek airlines as a result of privatization. The first flight as Olympic Air took place on October 1st of 2009. On this day Olympic Air was introduced to the world as a new airline, ready to take on the Greek skies once again. The airline boasts of being a blend of traditional Greek hospitality and cutting-edge technology with modern aircrafts. Olympic Air is set to modernize its ageing fleet with new Airbus, Boeing and Bombardier aircrafts in the coming years as well as merge with Aegean Airlines by late 2010.
Travel with Olympic Air: practical information
- Meals: Passengers are served Greek sweets and a coffee or tea before take off. While in the air a meal is provided depending on time of travel and flight duration.
- Entertainment: Passengers are always welcome to bring their own reading material for the duration of the flight. Electronic devices may be used inside the cabin after take-off.
- Cabin: Each passenger may bring 1 piece of cabin luggage with a maximum weight of 8 kg and may not be larger than 55 x 40 x 23 cm.
- Checked: Passengers may check up to 2 items, the total weight of which may not exceed 20 kg on domestic and international flights.
- Excess: If luggage exceeds the free baggage allowance, there is a fee of €2/kg on domestic flights and 1.5% of a full fare economy per extra kilo on international flights.
Discounts and Special Offers
Olympic Air offers many special offers on flights in Greece and international destinations. Find Olympic Air’s discounts and offers listed on liligo.com.
|Telephone:||210 35 50 500|