Royal Brunei Airlines is the flag-carrying airline and was established by the government of Brunei Darussalam. Royal Brunei provides scheduled flight services to Asia, the Middle-East, Australasia, and to the UK.
- IATA code: BI
- Number of serviced cities: 17 destinations
- Main hub: Brunei International Airport (BWN)
- Fleet: 10 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Royal Skies
History of Royal Brunei Airlines
Royal Brunei Airlines was founded in November of 1974 and its first flight took off in April of 1975 from Brunei to Singapore. In the first few years of operations, Royal Brunei operated flights to Hong Kong, Manila, Bangkok and various Malaysian destinations. By 1983 Royal Brunei Airlines had regular routes to Darwin, Australia. After independence, the airline opened flight routes to Jakarta and Taipei and later Dubai. The first flight to Europe landed in Frankfurt. In the 1990s Royal Brunei Airlines opened flights to London. The airline experienced rapid expansion at this time, purchasing many aircrafts to better serve the passengers on their flights.
Royal Brunei Airlines launched its rewards program, Royal Skies in 2003. This same year Royal Brunei Airlines landed in New Zealand for the first time. Presently Royal Brunei Airlines flies to Auckland and Brisbane five times a week and Shanghai four times a week.
Travel with Royal Brunei Airlines: practical information
- Meals: Enjoy light and health-conscious meals on Royal Brunei Airlines flights. Reserve a special meal at least 24 hours in advance.
- Entertainment: SkyShow is Royal Brunei Airlines in-flight entertainment system. There are movies, audio-on-demand, games, video and more in a number of languages.
- Cabin: 1 piece per passenger which is no larger than 55 x 38 x 20 cm and no heavier than 7 kg.
- Checked: Passengers may check 20 kg of free baggage allowance.
- Excess: There are excess baggage fees ranging from 20-47 GBP per excess kilo, depending on destination.
Discounts and Special Offers
Find special offers for flights with Royal Brunei Airlines when you search on lilig.com for your next airline ticket to Brunei. There are many deals all year round to Shanghai, Brisbane and Penang.