Top destinations for airline tickets
TAM Brazilian Airlines operates out of São Paulo, Brazil. TAM services South America and with partnerships with Air France and American Airlines there is also service to Europe and the USA.
- IATA code: JJ
- Number of serviced cities: 61 destinations
- Main hub: São Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport (GRU)
- Fleet: 137 aircraft
- Alliance: Star Alliance
- Loyalty rewards program: TAM Fidelidade / Multiplus Fidelidade
History of TAM Brazilian Airlines
TAM, Transportes Aéreos Marília, was founded in 1961 by a group of pilots. It started out by flying passengers and cargo from São Paulo to Mato Grosso. In the 1960s an agricultural company, Orlando Ometto, purchased 50% of the airline and finally bought the final half once all of the original pilots left. In the 1970s TAM recruited a former pilot to help the airline become profitable. Within one year this pilot, Rolim Amaro, accomplished this and was given 50% of the company. In the 1980s TAM was made its stocks public in the stock market. In 1988 TAM flew its 3 millionth passenger. The first international flight took place in 1997 from São Paulo to Miami, USA and later in 1999 TAM flew to Paris. Today the airline is still owned by the Amaro family.
Travel with TAM Brazilian Airlines: practical information
- Meals: There is full meal service on all international flights.
- Entertainment: There are various audio, game and movie programs on screens located in front of each passenger. There is also a monthly magazine and newspapers for reading.
- Cabin: 1 piece of luggage may be brought as carry-on luggage per passenger. It may not weigh more than 5 kg or be larger than 55 x 40 x 20 cm.
- Checked: Passengers flying with TAM from Europe may check 2 pieces of luggage. Each piece can weigh up to 23 kg and must be smaller than 158 linear cm (length + height + width = 158 cm)
- Excess: Passengers flying with additional luggage are charged £40 for the first piece and £90 each for any additional luggage.
Discounts and Special Offers
Search on liligo.com and find great deals on airline tickets from London to São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Salvador among other cultural destinations in South America.
|Telephone:||20 8897 0005|
|Departure cities:||London, Glasgow|