Top destinations for airline tickets
Uzbekistan Airways (HY)
Uzbekistan Airways has been the country’s national airline since its launch in the early 1990s. It is owned by the Uzbek government and operates flights to more than 50 destinations from Tashkent Intl. Airport.
- IATA code: HY
- Number of serviced cities: 51 destinations
- Main hub: Tashkent International Airport (TAS)
- Fleet: 31 aircraft
- Alliance: SkyTeam (in negotiations)
History of Uzbekistan Airways
Uzbekistan Airways was founded on request by the President of Uzbek in 1992, after the dissolution of the Soviet Union. A network of domestic flights was launched using Aeroflot’s old aircraft. The following year Airbus aircraft were acquired to service international destinations. Today Uzbekistan Airways owns five domestic airports which are equipped to handle international traffic. As for alliances, SkyTeam is their target.
Uzbekistan Airways has codeshare agreements with Air Baltic, Indian Airlines, Korean Air, Malaysia Airlines and Czech Airlines.
Travel with Uzbekistan Airways: practical information
- Meals: There is limited dining service on-board. Fore special requests, contact the airline at least 24 hours in advance.
- Entertainment: There is an in-flight magazine available to all passengers.
- Cabin: Uzbekistan Airways does not specify limitations on carry-on luggage.
- Checked: Limitations vary depending on destination. To Moscow, passengers are allowed 30 kg, to Istanbul 40 kg, to Seoul 35 kg. To all other destinations, 25 kg is permitted.
- Excess: There are varying fees for overweight and oversized luggage.
Discounts and Special Offers
Infants may travel for 10% of the adult fare. There are also discounts for children between the ages of 2 and 12. Find all of Uzbekistan Airways’ other special fares on liligo.com.
|Telephone:||998 (71) 140 28 01|