Hainan Airlines is a Chinese airline and is the largest transportation company that is privately owned in the country. It operates scheduled flight from Hainan to nine different mainland locations.
- IATA code: HU
- Number of serviced cities: 90 destinations
- Main hub: Haikou Meilan International Airport (HAK)
- Fleet: 70 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Fortune Wings Club
History of Hainan Airlines
Hainan Airlines was founded in 1989 with the name Hainan Province Airlines. It received its present name in 1993 when it became the first airline to be jointly owned in China. Flight services began later that year. In 1998 the airline bought stakes in its hub airport, the first Chinese airline to own part of an airport. It is part of the HNA group, along with ten other regional airlines.
In 2008 Hainan Airlines began operating flights to Seattle from Beijing, making it the airline’s first North American destination. There are plans now to also add Chicago and Newark to the network.
Travel with Hainan Airlines: practical information
- Meals: Enjoy local dishes, either meat or vegetables served with rice or noodles.
- Entertainment: Each passenger has a personal entertainment system with programming in Chinese, English and French.
- Cabin: 1 piece per passenger no heavier than 10 kg and no largest than 115 cm (length + width + height).
- Checked: Maximum 2 pieces with a combined weight of 30 kg.
- Excess: There is a fee of 200 RMB/kg or 20€/kg.
Discounts and Special Offers
Hainan Airlines special offers can be found when searching on liligo.com for flights to any of their destinations. Choose the filter on the flight results page to view only flights offered by Hainan Airlines. There are frequent discounts on new routes and in honour of special events.