Top destinations for airline tickets
Czech Airlines (OK)
As one of the oldest European airlines, Czech Airlines services the world with their flight schedules, cargo carriage program, charter flights, and a duty-free shop. Czech Airlines has 80 years experience serving passengers on the Czech Republic’s flag carrying airline. Prague is connected to almost every European capital as well as North America, Africa and the Middle East.
- IATA code: OK
- Number of serviced cities: 69 destinations
- Main hub: Ruzyně Airport (PRG)
- Alliance: SkyTeam
- Fleet: 51 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: OK Plus
History of Czech Airlines
In October of 1923 the airline CSA was founded by the government of Czechoslovakia. The first flight took place less than a month later from Prague to the Slovakian capital, Bratislava. Until 1930 CSA operated only domestic flights. In 1939 the airline was temporarily terminated during the German occupation. In the late 1940s and early fifties, the fleet was gradually being replaced with Soviet-built airplanes. In 1950 the airline was the first to be hijacked; three aircrafts were flown to Munich instead of Prague which caused even further problems in the Cold war. In 1957 CSA began operating some of its routes with jets. CSA was the second airline to make the switch to jets, Aeroflot being the first.
Czech Airlines made its first trip across the Atlantic Ocean on the 3rd of February in 1962 to Havana, Cuba. For the first time in history a pilot was killed during a hijack attack; this happened on a CSA partner flight with Slov-air. In the 1990s Czech Airlines retired or sold its remaining Soviet-made airplanes and its fleet was replenished with western-made ones. CSA is owned between the Czech Ministry of Finance, the Czech Consolidation along with other private Czech companies.
Travel with Czech Airlines: practical information
- Meals: There are refreshments served on all flights as well as something to eat. There is a hot meal served on all long-haul flights.
- Entertainment: All passengers are offered newspapers and magazines for the duration of the flight. There is as well a video screened.
- Cabin: 1 piece is permitted that does not exceed 56 x 45 x 25 cm.
- Checked: For flights in Europe each passenger is permitted 20kg. For flights to and from the USA and Canada 1 piece that weighs up to 23kg is permitted. In some circumstances a second bag is permitted on transatlantic flights.
- Excess: Each kilo that exceeds the weight limit is subject to a €11/kg fee.
Discounts and Special Offers
Infants less than 2 years of age are discounted 90% of the adult fare for their journey. All other children are eligible for a discount, depending on the destination. For other Czech Airlines deals and offers, refer to liligo.com’s flight section.
|Telephone:||871 663 3747|