Top destinations for airline tickets
TAP Air Portugal 1 stop
LAN is a Chilean flight company that has wide international coverage. Working with other LAN airlines (LAN Argentina, LAN Peru, and LAN Ecuador) there is a huge network of destinations in South, Central, and North American. From London, connect through Madrid to year-round summer in Santiago, Lima, Cusco, and Easter Island.
- IATA code: LA
- Number of serviced cities: 48 destinations
- Main hub: Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport (SCL)
- Alliance: Oneworld
- Fleet: 96 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: LANPASS
History of LAN
LAN was founded in March of 1929 by the Chilean Army. Its original name was Línea Aeropostal Santiago-Arica. The name was changed in 1932 to LAN (Línea Aérea Nactional de Chile). In the 1980s the airline was sold by the government, partly to Scandinavian Airlines. LAN quickly became a recognized brand when its several subsidiary airlines in Argentina, Peru and Ecuador took off. Some of the airline’s main codeshare partners include American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Korean Air.
Travel with LAN: practical information
- Meals: Passengers can enjoy a full meal service on international flights with LAN. On short-haul flights there is a snack provided. For passengers with dietary restraints, they can order a special meal up to 48 hours in advance.
- Entertainment: Each passenger has their own personal entertainment device. This is programmed with movies, games, music and other short features.
- Cabin: 1 piece of baggage, weighing up to 8 kg, and 1 personal item is allowed for each passenger. A personal item includes a purse, laptop or diaper bag.
- Checked: On all of LAN Chile’s flights the baggage allowance is restricted to 2 pieces, each with a weight of 23 kg.
- Excess: There is a fee for luggage that is over-weight. These fees vary depending on the destination and departure city. For international flights there is a fee of $60/€50 for bags weighing from 23 kg to 32 kg. For bags heavier than this the fee is $120/€100.
Discounts and Special Offers
All of LAN Chile’s special offers are listed in the flight section, along with all of the LAN family, on liligo.com.
|Telephone:||0800 977 6100|
|Departure cities:||London, Manchester, Glasgow|